One of the most heart-rending sights on our streets is the mentally-ill roadside homeless and mentally ill living off the streets. On realizing the magnitude of the issue, we have initiated a rehabilitation programme in co-ordination with ‘Shraddha Rehabilitation Foundation’ to help the roadside homeless and mentally ill by curing and reuniting them with their families.
- VLF and Shraddha Rehabilitation foundation have been working together for 7 years to help the homeless and mentally ill. So far, we have rescued around 439 patients
- The volunteers send the homeless and mentally ill found on the roads to Karjat, Maharashtra for treatment
- These homeless and mentally ill are victims of mental illness like schizophrenia and split personality
- All the patients are treated by using an approach of custodial care inspired by Baba Amte’s Anandvan
- They are rehabilitated through occupational participation in a range of agricultural activities – dairy farming, poultry and other activities
- The institution produces what it consumes, treats the mentally ill with dignity, simultaneously builds living skills
- These patients are later reunited with their families who have long thought of them as lost or even dead and entrusting their care with the ones who love these patients
VLF has tied up with Sparsh NGO with a comprehensive plan to help the under privileged, terminally ill patients and their family members to support their children’s education and spouse employment. VLF works towards ensuring peace of mind and giving a ray of hope to patients who have lost everything in the process of getting treated for cancer.
Pain Relief and Palliative Care Society:
The Pain Relief and Palliative Care Society serves the terminally ill patients by providing free treatment, care and medication. Most of these patients are from Government hospitals and some of them are abandoned.
Soulfree is a public charitable trust that aims to help people with severe disabilities, especially spinal cord injury, live a life of dignity and purpose. VLF is monetarily supporting this NGO in continuing their services.
Thalassemia Sickle Cell Society:
Thalassemia Sickle Cell Society works for the Thalassemia affected children who need blood transfusion throughout their life. VLF conducts blood donation camps twice a year to help these children. So far 311 units of blood were donated by ValueLabs employees. An awareness drive for the employees also takes place at the time of these events.
It provides speech and hearing therapy to needy children at nominal fees. VLF is providing monetary support by paying the center rent to reduce the financial burden of the organization. With sincere effort and commitment of the therapist, many children are now able to talk.
Copyright © 2017 ValueLabs. All rights reserved.