Secondary Skill Set (optional) : • ITIL background
• Knowledge of ServiceNow administration and scripting
• ServiceNow administrator certification (desired)
• ServiceNow developer training (a plus)
• Knowledge of scripting languages within ServiceNow platform
• Other scripting/coding languages a plus
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• May require an associate’s degree in a related area or 2+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Familiar with supporting and following change management practices
• Familiar with agile/scrum methodologies
• Nice to have:
o Experience with AWS/Azure
o Experience with workstation management automation software
o Experience with integrating with platforms outside of ServiceNow
• Ability to work on concurrent projects and to work with a reasonable degree of autonomy in support of team initiatives.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of ServiceNow knowledge, as needed
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Thought Process: Able to understand technical concepts and develop ways to help others learn. Ability to solve complex problems with innovative solutions. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Ability to quickly and proactively gain an understanding of the client's business problems and deliver solutions and recommendations to solve.
• Interpersonal: Excellent customer service, technical, organizational, and communication skills both in person and on the phone. Effective listening and team orientation. Able to persuade, influence and negotiate with staff and vendors in critical situations. Able to motivate others and work cooperatively in a group to achieve common goals
Primary Skill Set : Performs routine operational support, maintenance and system configuration
Monitor and assist in team backlog (incidents, enhancement requests, questions, access provisioning, etc.)
Identifies, analyzes and resolves data and system issues of intermediate complexity. Demonstrates ability to diagnose and resolve technical, management, and business issues and to recommend areas for process improvement or innovation.
Participates in the development, validation and execution of comprehensive test plans.
Monitors effectiveness of current business practices and identifies areas for improvement/innovation.
Performs 24/7 on call support if applicable.
Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone or ticketing system in a ctheirteous manner.
Prioritize and schedule problems. When appropriate, escalate problems to senior technicians.
Record, track, and document all requests or incidents through a problem-solving process, including successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
Build/edit service requests and their associated workflows
Create/update with stakeholders, reports and dashboards within the ServiceNow platform
Actively participates with clients, internal and external, to elicit, analyze and document business and functional requirements through requirements workshops, interviews or meeting sessions with Project Sponsors, SMEs and other Stakeholders to diagnose and resolve complex technical, management, and business issues.
Identify and document business and technical requirements using standard templates
Test implemented fixes to ensure problems are adequately resolved.
Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position