• Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
• Architect new applications, and expand existing ones.
• Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams at Internet Brands.
• Investigate and fix production issues.
• Define, document, and enforce engineering standards.
• Perform code reviews of your team members' work.
• Mentor junior engineers.
• Participate in software design discussions.
• Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings.
• Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
• Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
• Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring.
• Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
• 7+ years with object-oriented programming in PHP.
Complex SQL queries and database schema design.
MVC frameworks (Laravel, Yii).
Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Redis, ActiveMQ, Solr)
Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
Consuming and creating web services.
Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively.