We have been appraised at “CMMI Dev v1.3 Level 5!
Lao-Tzu, the famous philosopher once said, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
Similarly our journey to achieve CMMI Dev v1.3 Level 5 started in 2004 with the establishment of the Process Management Group (PMG). PMG was assigned the mission of taking up initiatives related to quality & process management for our organization. Over the past eight years, PMG has consistently helped us achieve various milestones
- We started by getting the ISO 9001:2000 certification in 2004
- Our healthcare practice was certified compliant for HIPAA and SAS 70 (Type 2) – Now SSAE 16
- Later we got the ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005 certification
- We were assessed at CMMI Dev v1.3 Level 3 in 2011
- Finally, in 2013, we were assessed at CMMI Dev v1.3 Level 5.
The achievement of this maturity level in the engineering processes was quite challenging. The project teams showed utmost passion and put in hardwork to attain these maturity levels in their processes. They worked and co-ordinated well with PMG to bring precision in their existing processes. Challenges were overcome by disciplined planning and execution of activities during the process of getting assessed at CMMI Level 5.
We visualize the following benefits for our clients, now that we have been assessed at this level:
- We would be able to provide our clients with more consistent, customized & well-defined services
- Our quantitative understanding of processes would let us deliver statistically tailored projects to our clients
- Optimized state of our processes leads to continual improvement, thus enhancing performance levels of services being delivered
Our journey towards assessment at CMMI Dev v1.3 Level 5 goes beyond acquiring a certification. This initiative has helped us develop an interwoven team spirit in all projects & support functions.
Here’s what Arjun Rao, our CEO, has to say about the milestone that we achieved – “Maturity can be defined in many ways – to do your duty without being supervised; to stick with a job until it is finished; to bear an injustice without having to get even… Let us work to prove to ourselves that we are worthy and deserving of this assessment. We should take full advantage of mature processes to ensure that we not only improve our delivery further, but also continuously innovate.”
We concur with our CEO’s message and believe that the PMG team will take up further process improvement initiatives and innovate to help ValueLabs touch new heights and reach the pinnacle of success