A dashboard is a collection of reports created for a common objective. It helps you monitor all your key KPIs in one place. With the power of visualization, the dashboard simplifies data into manageable chunks of information. One of the critical functions where a dashboard can be of immense value is Sales. A strategic sales dashboard with accurate data can help the sales team to plug the leaks and exceed their revenue targets.
A Dashboard creator has to be strategic and plan the metrics so that every piece of information is not on a single dashboard, to prevent information overload. But any dashboard will be as good as the organization’s data strategy. Inaccurate data strategy and the absence of a data archival strategy can quickly lead to millions of records. Without proper tools, it gets difficult to differentiate between good data and bad data. This might lead to inaccurate reports or, worse, reading through inaccurate reports without even knowing it. In case you are not sure about your data, get in touch with us and let us help you with your data strategy.
Once you get your data right, an ideal sales dashboard is just a few questions away:
- Who is the audience for the dashboard: Sales leaders
- What is the purpose: To put key metrics on their home screen dashboard and enable them to make quick, data-driven decisions
- When will this be used (Every day/Quarterly/Monthly/Yearly): A sales dashboard can be viewed every day, but that depends on your organization’s goals and practices.
- Is there any theme to be used: In case you have multiple sales leaders with separate teams, you would want to map a personalized sales story. Our dynamic dashboard helps serve this purpose.
- The key metrics to be used: The story starts with each opportunity being presented, how the team is doing, and ends with how much revenue the team generates. Other metrics around this include identifying what’s working and what’s not, the gaps, and your top performers.
Once you have all the answers, you can utilize the following options to design the dashboard
- Share the dashboard and report folders according to the access you want to provide
- Add groups, measures & custom links in case you want to redirect the user to a predefined URL
- Choose chart type – pie, line, bar, or any other which suits your needs
- Choose a title, subtitle, footer text, and desirable theme
Dashboard tips & tricks
- Always plan your dashboard before you start working
- Do a data check before you build reports
- Create a dashboard and report folders with appropriate sharing and privacy to avoid clutter
- Delete old and irrelevant dashboards and reports
- Always get feedback from stakeholders since they are the end-users
At ValueLabs, we have built dashboards on Salesforce that every sales leader needs. To get your free dashboard today, Get in touch with us.
Are you looking for a customized Salesforce service, consultation & products? If you know what you need, get in touch, and team ValueLabs will help you find what you are looking for and more. If you are facing challenges with your Salesforce journey, let our team of certified Salesforce experts help you, allowing you to make the most of your investment.