Salesforce administrators are key members in the Salesforce ecosystem who often go unnoticed. They are responsible for maintaining the Salesforce org, ensuring that all the functionalities work smoothly, and to maintain the data quality.
Today, there are very few guidelines for the tasks a Salesforce admin needs to do, to ensure maximum effectiveness. One of the essential things is to ensure that there are defined tasks and also to identify the intervals during which these tasks have to be done. In this blog, we help you segment your admin tasks into broad buckets so you do not have to worry about your to-do’s anymore!
The Adhoc tasks:
- Provide user access to new users and solve access issues for existing users
- Solve tickets related issues in configuration tools like workflows, email campaigns, etc.
- Provide additional access to users and help in manual sharing of records.
- Solve tickets to add a new IP address, resolve SSO issues due to certificate problems
- Solve tickets to analyse and help resolve data issues
- Generate user requested reports
- Review requests to create new fields, custom objects, and other customizations and provide approvals
The Weekly Tasks:
- all the jobs, error logs, and debug logs for any issues logged during the week
- unauthorized login issues and user login issues
- data quality, how licenses are used, etc. and generate reports on them
- all job queues to ensure no errors are there
- audit trail for all the changes done in the system and ensure no unknown changes
- Remove users that are no longer required and update profiles
- Perform record ownership changes, update price lists and make changes to records according to business roles
- Run all tests in the system to ensure no test failures due to any added features
The Monthly tasks:
- Check field utilization
- Refresh the sandboxes
- Take a backup of your metadata
- Check for any fixes from Salesforce to resolve issues and identify the impact on your org
- Install required updates from Salesforce
The Quarterly tasks
- salesforce releases and identifies the impact
- unused reports
- object models and look for any issues
- Archive required materials like documents etc.
- Review upcoming projects and check for impact on the org
More tasks can be added to this list based on the complexity of the org and customizations present. Apart from designing the list, we would need to ensure that the tasks are being executed regularly. This can be tracked manually, but then there might be instances when tasks may be missed. For this reason, we recommend you to use the salesforce admin augment tool, which would provide a way to track these tasks and send regular reminders.
More tasks can be added to this list based on the complexity of the org and customizations present. Apart from designing the list, we would need to ensure that the tasks are being executed regularly. This can be tracked manually, but then there might be instances when tasks may be missed. For this reason, we recommend you to use the salesforce admin augment tool, which would provide a way to track these tasks and send regular reminders. Get in touch with us in case you want more details.
Are you looking for customized Salesforce services, consultation & products? If you know what you need, get in touch, and the ValueLabs team will help you in every way we can.
Likewise, if you are facing challenges with your Salesforce journey, consult our team of certified Salesforce experts who will enable you to make the most of your investment.