Once an author rightly said – Our future success is directly proportional to our ability to understand, adopt and integrate new technology into our work.
New technologies and innovations are transforming every industry you can think of. In Healthcare industry, it is changing the way people are interacting with their doctors and healthcare providers. The ongoing global pandemic has accelerated that transformation. Due to the new challenges faced, we see the technology adoption done at a faster rate compared to previous years. Practices, which understand this, are beginning their migration to cloud solutions.
Cloud service providers are now coming up with specific offerings for individual industries. For instance, Microsoft launched Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare in May 2020 with end-to-end security compliance and accessibility of data. On similar lines, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a market leader in the healthcare industry and is viewed as stable, secure, private and reliable
It is important to understand the most significant benefits of cloud computing to gauge why it may be right for your practice. So let us dive right in!
1. Accessible – All you need is an internet connection to access your data and applications from anywhere. In these trying times when it is important to maintain social distance and limit exposure, non-clinical staff can continue working from home. Talking about interoperability, patient data is readily available for distribution and pulling out actionable insights with cloud computing. This allows seamless transfer between various segments like insurance, pharmacy, etc. thus fast-tracking healthcare delivery
2. Real time – The stakeholders (employees, partners and clients) get updates in real-time. They can view or comment the same version and make changes easily, avoiding confusion arising from multiple versions. From the patient’s perspective, real time applications helps them to have access to doctors when they need it. Important alerts and notification can be sent immediately to relevant users. Further, integrating real-time apps into existing infrastructure is not as complicated as it seems
3. Reduces Cost – You must carefully weigh any investment considering the tight budgets due to the current situation. Depending on the solution you select, transition to cloud can help you reduce costs in an effective way. With cloud, you get the flexibility to scale up or down and pay as per use. In the past, to improve customer satisfaction, companies would hire more customer support. Now with cloud conversational AI chatbot, you can decrease this additional cost while maintaining your CSAT score. Who wants to go through menu prompts or option trees? You would rather just type your query in a chat window and the conversational AI would find the best way to assist you
4. Highly Scalable – As the practice grows, you need not have to worry about investing in expensive hardware and IT infrastructure. You can easily scale cloud services like user accounts, CPU, storage, memory, etc. to support applications in a few clicks. This is a good news particularly for Health Tech startups, which are coming up with amazing ideas to solve industry problems but aren’t sure of their IT infrastructure needs
5. Secure – Numerous organizations adopt cloud computing but often overlook if they and their employees are using it securely. Cloud service providers are consistently investing in solutions to protect data and applications from threat. Moreover, security is one of the important advantage of cloud storage. They access and patch vulnerabilities, which a regular practice would struggle to do on its own. Also with the automatic backup capability, the chances of losing your data are almost nil
In conclusion, we believe the time is right to tap into a Cloud provider’s expertise not just because of the above-mentioned benefits but also customer experience and its artificial intelligence capabilities to drive future growth. Are all your organization’s applications on the cloud? Which applications make more sense to be on the cloud? Contact us to know more.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.